1. Holders of a good B.Ed degree from any recognized university, and should have taught for not less than two (2) years after completion of their degree programmes.
2. Holders of a good B.A or B.Sc degree must, in addition, hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Education(PGDE) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education(PGCE) from the University of Cape Coast or any recognized university and must have taught for not less than two(2) years after completion of their degree programme.
3. Applicants for MPhil in Educational Planning who have knowledge in Economics at the first degree level in addition to (1) and (2) above, will have an advantage.
4. MPhil in Administration in Higher Education: In addition to requirements under (1) and (2) above, applicants who have worked as administrators in Higher Educational Institutions for not less than two years will have an advantage.
5. Candidates would have to pass a selection interview.